About Gia Khalsa
My name is Gia Khalsa. I’ve been studying and teaching yoga and meditation since 1970. I have also designed specific chair yoga techniques that I’ve been teaching since 2001 to participants of all skill levels and ages.
I discovered the amazing world of Belly Dance in 1996, and went on to develop my own creative, artistic, and eclectic style in this art form. Since then, I’ve taught classes and performed for many special events throughout Connecticut. These dances are devoted to the power, freedom, and joy of women.
In 1996, the world of Feng Shui was opened to me. Feng Shui is the Chinese art of placement for our homes and workplaces. Our environments and the spaces we surround ourselves with are essentially our larger bodies. By making specific , customized adjustments, we can create harmony and enhance the flow of Chi (life energy) within them, which in turn can enrich our quality of life.
I have been self-employed all my life, doing things that I love – Yoga, Belly Dance and Feng Shui – while helping others to live a vibrant life.
I offer exceptional programs, both online and in person. These classes and events are both enjoyable and beneficial for people of all levels and ages. They can be offered at public places such as senior centers, fitness centers, rehabilitation centers, schools, libraries, places of employment as in-service programs for staff, as well as for private groups and individuals.
Each program can be tailored to meet individual needs and schedules.
- Chair Yoga – My unique, effective style of seated yoga promotes health, vitality, and relaxation. This class is easily done seated with some standing exercises. But it can also be done all sitting. By combining stretching, breathing , strengthening and relaxation, you will feel great in both body and mind.
- Belly Dance Lessons – These lessons for all ages, skill levels, and body types are a fun and refreshingly different way to work out. This ancient art form provides many physical and mental benefits, and also creates a meaningful bond among the dancers.
- Belly Dance Performances – Festive and entertaining belly dance performances will liven up your party or celebration. Great for birthdays, anniversaries, housewarming parties, baby showers, bridal showers, ladies’ nights and more.
- Sacred Dance Performances – Specially designed performances commemorate important events of a more serious nature such as memorials, births, and any other occasion that you want to honor.
- Feng Shui Consultations – Consultations both in person and online will enhance your understanding of the flow of energy in your home or workplace. From there, practical solutions are provided to help enrich and balance your life.
- Feng Shui Lectures – Lectures help to explain and simplify this sometimes esoteric and confusing topic and bring it down to earth. You will become more aware of your environment and how to enhance it for health, prosperity, peace, love, and life.